Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving

II Corinthians 9:7 says: Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

God loves a cheerful giver. This is something that I have been thinking about recently giving the upcoming holiday season. I am like many other Americans and have been hit hard by the plunging economy. This year my family has decided to do a "homemade" Christmas. We are all giving either homemade gifts or practical things. ( heating oil, gift cards for the grocery store, ETC.)
However, above and beyond the giving season. I think of Thanksgiving. Telling God how thankful I am for everything that he has done for me. For example, it is the end of November and we have not been able to turn on the heat yet due to lack of oil and lack of money. I just made the phone call to have some oil delivered today. I am thankful for Gods gift of the money that he provided for us to get some oil. Amazing how greatful that I have become during this economically decline. How are you thankful for what he has given you?

No comments: