Tuesday, January 27, 2009

God commands me to.......

Three times in the book of John does God command us to love one another.

John 13:34 | A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; even as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
John 15:12 | This is my commandment, that ye love one another, even as I have loved you.
John 15:17 | These things I command you, that ye may love one another.

I am starting to think that this is a commandment that we should not take lightly. God is passing down a commandment just as he did with the 10 Commandments. I dont know about you but if my Heavenly Father commands me to hold loving one another as high as do not kill, I think that I might listen.

I say all of this because I have started to see changes in my life surrounding this command. I have been trying to make an effort to be kind and to love everyone that I come into contact with. I am human, therefor this is a little tricky! I am trying to find peace with everyone.

I will say that I think that its harder with those who surround me daily. However, God is commanding me to love everyone! With NO exception.

No comments: