Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Further Instructions

Colossians 4:2-6

2Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

I think that this sums up many aspects of prayer. I know that since I have devoted myself to prayer that I am more aware of what God is wanting me to do with my life. Pray for the ministries of God. He wants us to pray that we can proclaim the word of God. God is commanding us to proclaim the word of God!! Ok I will!!!

Verse 5 is what really caught me. Be wise in the way that you act towards outsiders. We need to be aware of all of our actions all of the time. People should be able to see Jesus in us without even speaking to us. We should be "dripping" with Jesus. We are to make the most of every opportunity that we have with everyone to make sure that we show Jesus. In our conversations with non-believers!! Verse 6 tells us to make sure that our conversations should always be clean and appropriate. I know many Christians who live a "double life." Cool and worldly with their worldly friends and prim and proper with their Jesus friends. God is watching always. He knows your heart and your actions. We should make ALL of our conversations and actions to his Glory.

No comments: