Thursday, February 5, 2009

Temple

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
"Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

WOW my body is the temple of God. God chooses to live in my body with me. He consumes my heart and my mind and my soul. He would chose to take on a body such as this to spread his word.

I think of this and realize that I need to take better care of Gods temple. We live in a world of excess. I think that we really need to reconsider what we are doing to and for our bodies. Is it really for the Glory of God. Would you walk into a church and defile it? Throw trash all around it? I wouldnt think of it!! Why would we do those things to our bodies that are the temple of God?

I challenge each of you that read this to think about what you are putting in or on your bodies. Are you honoring the Temple of God?

No comments: